PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We also collect “Membership Information” on the Site:
- My Account Data – When signing up for a membership plan through the Site, users are required to establish an account profile. Information collected is limited to First Name, Last Name, Email Address, T-Shirt Size, Username and Password. After completing the membership process, this information can be managed by users at any time here: https://21wire.tv/account/
- Administrative Data – Administrators of the Site also have access to user My Account data, and have the option of storing and viewing additional data related to the membership, including term, fees and subscription information, and last access and IP address data. This information is only available to authorized administrators of the Site.
Note: In the event that the PayPal connection is lost during the membership sign-up process, the user’s email address will still be collected by the Site, and could be sent to MailChimp in error. If this ever occurs, 21WIRE.TV administrators will remove the user’s email address from both the Site and MailChimp once it has been verified that the user did not complete the payment process to become a member of the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Personal Information that we collect to engage our members in our content and community both on the Site and via email. It also helps us improve our Site and offerings by understanding our members better. Embedded or integrated third party Services will also use Device Information to optimize their Services for the benefit of Site users.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are only a few instances where we share any Membership Information with a third party, and that is through the membership sign-up integration with MailChimp and PayPal:
- MailChimp – Site will send First Name, Last Name and Email Address.
- PayPal – Site will send type of membership plan and cost. For recurring memberships, Site will send a reminder to PayPal to renew the membership via shared key, known only by the Site and PayPal.
We do share your Device Information with third parties, through the embedded or integrated Services, to help us use these Services more effectively for the benefit of our Site users, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our readers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
E-COMMERCE AND MARKETING
As described above, we use Personal Information, through third party Services, to allow Site users to purchase one-time or recurring memberships, and to deliver email marketing communications we believe may be of interest to our members.
Specifically for email marketing communications, members can manage their MailChimp email subscriptions or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us directly at join (at) 21wire (dot) tv.
The Site and its web forms are hosted on a secure Internet connection. Any information collected or transmitted with the Site is protected by 128-bit encryption via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Learn more about SSL technology here.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
As stated above, collection of this data is made on the Site, and the email address is also sent to the third party MailChimp Service. 21WIRE.TV does have secure access to the data stored on MailChimp’s Service.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at join (at) 21wire (dot) tv or by postal mail using the details provided below:
P.O. Box 410654
Kansas City, MO